IMS 65 – Intermediate Modulus carbon fiber
UMS 40 – Ultra High Modulus carbon fiber
We can make sheets for your individual size
Ultrafine, ultralight and high strength carbon material CarboweaveTM opens new horizons for wide variety of ideas! Extensive use of this fiber for forming robust and very light constructions has switched modern radio controlled models to a new level too. From now on your products will have the necessary strength having smaller weight!
- More homogeneous than its analogues;
- There are no numerous bends in rectilinear fiber;
- Unlike many other materials made of carbon fiber, CarboweaveTM in the dry form does not stretch and crumble providing a precise cutting of even the smallest parts;
- CarboweaveTM will enable you to make the multi-layer material with any fiber direction and thickness of the monolayer from 0.012 mm (9.5 g/m2).
It is made of TohoTenax® carbon fiber:
- IMS 65 — high strength carbon fiber
- UMS 40 — high modulus carbon fiber
Characteristics of TohoTenax®
|IMS 65||UMS 40|
|Tensile strength, MPa||6000||4700|
|Tensile modulus, GPa||290||390|
|Elongation at break, %||1,9||1,2|
Toho Tenax® carbon fibers IMS series are tailored to suit applications where strength and stiffness are of ultimate priority. To accommodate this, they are featuring an increase in tensile strength and modulus compared to the usual high tenacity carbon fiber type, leading to unique performances in laminates. Sophisticated components with low wall thicknesses profit from these properties. Therefore, Toho Tenax® carbon fiber IMS has quite wide practical application, particularly it can be used for aerospace composite components.
The high modulus fiber Toho Tenax® UMS is a carbon fiber for meeting the requirements of extra stiffness (elastic stiffness). Exceptional characteristics of this material are especially suitable for constructions for space applications, such as satellite constructions, antennas, shafts and rollers. Properties of TohoTenax® UMS fully meet the requirements of sports goods (fishing rods, boat masts, radio controlled models, ski sticks, etc.)
CarboweaveTM inspires us to create various light and tough products that’s why we are sharing it with you!